For information on the Post Office, see the
Between The Wars section.
In 1925 the Village hall was erected and it was opened in 1927. The land was given by Mr Simpson,
and Margaret Sewell had the building erected. The terms of the Deed state that it is to be used by the
inhabitants of Buxton as a place of recreation and social intercourse. It was to be run by a Committee and
they were empowered to make lettings and look after its upkeep. 2 fundamental rules are laid down on the Deed of
Foundation stating that no gambling shall be permitted and no alcohol consumed except with food.
There was a fire in 1937 and it had to be largely rebuilt. There was another one in the 1950's
put out by Mr Tom Catchpole before the fire brigade arrived but further rebuilding was required after this.
The small Hall was added in the 1980's and there are currently plans for a Millennium project to add further facilities.