This was granted from the capital Manor to Halfred de Leveshagh ( also called Levis-Hall)
in about 1200. It stretched from Birds Place through the present housing estate to Dudwick Park.
In 1588 John Jeggon, Bishop of Norwich bought the Manor of Levishaw and gave it to his son
Robert who built a large house - the Old Hall, in the South East corner of Dudwick Park.
It was surrounded by a moat and it is said that King Charles II breakfasted there on his way to Oxnead.
The Manor belonged to the Jeggons until 1688 when the Earl of Yarmouth became Lord,
followed by Thomas Anson, around 1765, Samuel Bignold in 1836 and Sir Edward Stracey in 1841 & Sir Henry Stracey,
In 1896 Mr Edward Stracey owned it and it subsequently passed to Mr Williamson of Lammas Hall,
and the present Lord, who lives out of the village but in Norfolk,
bought it on his death.
We are uncertain who lived in the Old Hall during this time but in the nineteenth century the Old Hall
was owned by a yeoman named Bambridge.
Their last daughter married Thomas Lane and the Lanes occupied it as a farmhouse around 1897 until it
fell into disrepair and passed to Mr Smith Case.
of Dudwick then bought it and pulled it down and it became part of Dudwick Park.
The wall along the west of Brook Street was part of the Old Hall.
Levishaw Manor (Part II).
Buxton Vicarage was a grand building and was situated in the middle of Levishaw
just south of the present bridge at Manor Close.
The vicarage was renamed Levishaw Manor by the Rev Benson when he built the present vicarage in 1936.
Mr Bainbridge bought the Old Vicarage (now called Levishaw Manor) in 1937, and it was sold off as a housing
estate in the late 1960's when his wife died.